Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eastern Veil in OIII

Epicycle

Hi,

we don't often get to see this one just in OIII, so here is my attempt (Ha will come later, but that's in some sense "easier" and almost never lets you down).

Details:

-15x20m subs

-Megrez 72 @4.8

-SXVR-H9

-Baader OIII, 8.5nm

Took the subs last night and did a quick processing this morning.

Hope you like it, click here http://www.astrobin....51859/?mod=none for a full resolution version. Comments and feedback very welcome! Thanks for looking,

cheers

Epicycle

post-25876-0-33192000-1376417794_thumb.j

Round stars, loads of signal. Cant ask for much more really... well apart from some Ha for a bit of colour ;)

Thanks, I think I've collected enough Ha last night, so the bicolor is coming...

I knew the oiii for the veil was strong, but I didn't know it was *that* strong; it was a bit surprising to me (but I get easily surprised though).

I spend quite a chunk of the clear nights of August collecting oiii for Cederblad 214, and at the end of the day I got enough to punch the blue through, but the actual grey scale image in oiii was very unflattering,

e.

Archived