Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starlight Express Filter wheel not recognised in Windows 10

Has anyone else had problems connecting the Starlight Express Filter Wheel to a Windows 10 machine? My filter wheel model number is SXFW-543. Connecting the USB cable causes it to continually connect and disconnect. I've tried different USB cables, same problem occurs. I've installed the SX filter wheel ASCOM driver and Filter Wheel Program but windows does not recognise the hardware.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

That is typically cable or hub power problems. I had this happen and the problem was the USB 5V supply dipping ever so slightly. After fixing that, I found that it appeared sensitive to data lead glitches as well.

Solution is to connect it with a new cable through a powered hub. If that fixes it you know what is wrong.

On the other hand, a driver problem may do it as well, but the SX wheel is a standard Human Interface thing, so drivers shouldn't be a problem.

/p

Archived